Sorry no pictures to post. Lots of things happening in the world though. Watched a new president get inaugurated. Worrying about Mom who was getting a knee replacement. She ended up in a rehab center unexpectedly for 5 weeks while she got some her strength back. Worrying about the country's economic status. Waiting to see what Arnie (the governator) was going to do about the state budget and his employees. Effective Feb. 1st, all state employees have to take a 10% pay cut and take two days off per month. At least working at a prison, it is mandated to run 24/7, so we get our two work furlough days put on the books and get to use them at our convenience. Other state agencies are not that lucky and have to close the 1st and 3rd Friday every month. And on top of that layoff notices went out to state employees with less than 27 months seniority for possible layoffs in June or July. Luckily - I am safe from that too - as I have 13 1/2 years in! There was Superbowl Sunday - I was rooting for Arizona! So sorry they lost - but lots of good commercials. Broke my tooth on a cracker during the game - had to wait two days to get into the dentist and get a temp crown. Then my supervisor was on vacation in Costa Rica for 2 1/2 weeks and I was acting supervisor. Every day when I went home, I was exhausted and on some nights dinner was pretty basic. I survived and I am thankful that I have a understanding husband! Now, I am back to just my regular job! Hopefully, next month will be a little bit more exciting and able to take some pics of the things happening here.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment