Monday, July 7, 2008

Redwood Run - Part 3

On Sunday, everybody packs up and heads home. All the gas stations and restuarants are packed and the traffic is so heavy, that we decided stay and relax on Sunday and leave on Monday. So we took a road trip in the other direction to Fort Bragg and the ocean. It was a 52 mile road of curves that were 10-20 mph and going up and down mountains. We actually got to ride the famous coastal Highway 1 for twenty miles. It was beautiful!!! We stopped at the Wharf for a seafood lunch.


This is the view of the bay from the restaurant window. And closer....
And closer...
And closer...
And closer.... there are people on the rocks fishing!!

On the way back to our campground, we stopped for some pictures. This is part of Highway 1. As it winds along the coast - there were times when you can see the coastline in front of you and not have to look right or left and look away from the road. My favorite picture!!It was a dream of mine to ride to the coast. Wasn't sure if I was going to make it there and back but I did it!! Barbara was here!!!
The Stowells were here!!
On Monday, we packed up and headed home. Stopped at Clear Lake for a break - one of Danny's favorite fishing spots. Couldn't stay to fish as we still had 5 more hours of riding!! Now I can finally say - "I rode mine"

0 comments: