One of the best parts of the whole trip to MI was Grandma teaching me how to make homemade applesauce! Every morning for as long as I can remember, Grandma makes toast with peanut butter and applesauce (or rhubarb sauce) for breakfast. Grandma, Mom and I were just sitting in the kitchen and I asked how to make applesauce so I could write it down. 
Grandma said it is too easy to make so we made it right then and there, while dinner was cooking in the oven. She peeled and diced two apples and one pear (we added the pear because she wanted to use it)
Cover with water, add a 1/4 cup sugar and boil til soft (approx. 10 minutes)

Mash the apples ......
.....and add a little cinnamon and viola, you have applesauce. You can do this to just about any type of fruit!
Here are just some pics of Mom being a little silly! She said it was the princess smile .... 
and wave!
I will cherish this memory of making applesauce with Grandma forever!
1 comments:
Ok, I got in just fine tonighT! I love the story of making applesauce and the great pictures of grandma making applesauce. How lucky you are to have both your mom and your grandma still living! Nice job - Joyce B
Post a Comment