Sunday, November 1, 2009

Making Applesauce With My Granddaughter!

I always try to bring a craft or project for Karlie to do. I know Karlie loves to cook so I thought we could make some applesauce. I remember making applesauce with my grandmother last year and I thought this might be a nice tradition I could pass on down to Karlie. I didn't know she would be so excited to cut apples. I forget she is only three and not allowed to use a knife! But it was only a butterknife and she did pretty well for her first time.
When Karlie thought Grandma wasn't looking, she would take a bite and then go back to cutting the apple. But I knew she was eating as much as she was cutting!Karlie also likes to sample the rest of the ingredients. She sampled the sugar a couple of times. I heard she even samples the flour!
Finally she poured the sugar into the pot of applesAdding a few dashes of cinnamon......and then the final stir.Karlie sure had fun mashing. She mashed so hard it splashed all over! Time for clean up!

0 comments: