Friday, November 14, 2008

Freedom Isn't Free

I am proud of our veterans, including my husband, who served in Vietnam. Every year in the past, Danny was asked if he wanted to drive his motorcycle in the parade with the other vets. This year, Danny finally decided to participate in the Veteran's Day Parade. When the parade started, I don't know what came over me but I started bawling, right there on the street!I think it was because I was seeing the men in their uniforms who defended and fought for our county and it reminded me of my son, Kevin, and the young men in Iraq doing the same thing.Here are all the veterans from Lassen County - see Danny in the back on his motorcyle.Veteran's Memorial HallAll the other law enforcement agencies in Lassen County were included in the parade too.

Click on the video below to watch.
It doesn't matter which war a person has served in, all veterans should be honored for their service to our country. Here Danny is talking with some other vets from Vietnam.

After the parade, we went to the Veteran's Memorial for speechs. I kept hearing the same phrase.Freedom isn't Free!

0 comments: