Sunday, November 2, 2008

Home Improvement Time

Another project we had to tackle before winter arrived was to redo the ceramic tile under the wood stove.
The original tile was not up to code and needed to be larger. The original floor was rectangle shaped (from the white door frames). It had to have a 12 inches clearance on the sides (which was zero) and a 18 inch clearance in the front (which was 10 inches). It took one day to break out the old tile, prep the floor, and cut and glue the tile. Had to wait 24 hours for the glue to dry before I could fill in with the grout.And then I had to wait 1/2 hour to wipe off the excess. Then I had to wait 3 days before I could seal the tile and grout. So it was a one week project, from start to finish.
The finished project!One of my project overseers, Whiskers!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks Great! I love the tile color.