Friday, November 14, 2008

My Son, Airman Kevin

I am writing a few words about my son, Kevin. I am soo proud that he is in the Air Force and is serving his country . He has shown maturity and takes pride in his work. He also volunteers at the local fire department. And I think he is starting to realize the importance of family. I am so suprised by all the changes in him since he enlisted 2 years ago - Most of them good! He has had some finacial setbacks - like the 10-car wreck he was in and the insurance company only paid book value of the car. So he has been making payments on a car that he doesn't even drive anymore. But he paid it off finally this month and has learned how to manage his money. (I hope!)
His job is fueling and defueling jet planes. He is going to be deployed in January to Al Udeid Air Force base in Qatar for his four-month overseas tour. He just told me that he got approved to come home for two weeks before deployment. So he will be coming home in December for Christmas . I think we will have all the family together for the first time in 4 1/2 years! I am so excited!

0 comments: